Wednesday, December 12, 2012

yarn along: making merry

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for the regular Wednesday Yarn Along!
Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ~ Ginny Sheller from Small Things

Why is a Christmas tree bad at knitting?
Because it's always dropping its needles!

Knitting by the lights of the Christmas tree is just as wonderful as knitting on the beach I think. Like in most homes, it's been busy here as we make preparations for the season. Crafting, baking, wrapping, adventuring, singing, visiting, hosting... oh yes, and during those rare quiet moments (thank goodness for two nursing babies, right?) a little reading and knitting might get done. I just started reading The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce. It was longlisted for the Man Booker Prize (I usually like those books) and because I read Major Pettigrew's Last Stand it was recommended to me by Goodreads. And I am enjoying it so far - it is subtle and thought-provoking and I think it is going to make me cry. 

And yes, I'm still working on Maya's sweater. I've sort of lost hope that it will be finished in time for Christmas, and I'm okay with that. She is not demanding in that sort of way - she is simply excited to get it... at some point. And I think she would rather have some time with me (we've been making the most marvelous things, like nutcracker ornaments and St. Nicholas cookies and friendship pins...) than have me hide away with my needles and wool. Since these precious little boys have come along she gets so little of my attention these days. So it's okay if we linger a bit over this sweater, right? But it will get finished and then there will be much rejoicing!

No comments: