Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hard

It is 4:15 a.m. and I had to get away. I have been up with my new daughter since 1:45 a.m. I did everything multiple times--checked the diaper, tried to nurse, burped, bounced, shushed--and nothing worked. I finally turned her over when I couldn't see through the tears. It's quiet now as I listen from downstairs. Something must have worked.

I know these moments of frustration are far outweighed by moments of joy, but right now it's taking a lot of effort to be wabisabi.

2 comments:

eileen said...

bless you! i'm starting to tear up just remembering the very difficult first few months i had with my first child. many frustrating hours of non-stop crying in the middle of the night. but, alas, it gets better.
best of luck! take advantage of the time you have family around.

Puanani Tagoai said...

Aww, don't worry! It will get easier with time! Hang in there, and hope you get some good rest when you can. ♥