Wednesday, September 19, 2012

yarn along: almost done!


Joining Ginny over at Small Things for the regular Wednesday Yarn Along!
Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. 
Ginny Sheller from Small Things




I'm pushing to finish this cute little sweater this week so I can have it ready for Mayumi's birthday in October, and also so I can start on some other projects. Like all the other woolly lovers out there, the shift to more autumnal weather has me ready to cuddle up with hooks and needles and lots of lovely yarn. 

Fortunately I've been able to find some time for reading a few snippets here and there. Essays and short stories are great for this - and I've been turning to Wendell Berry recently. I love his writing and his practical, intellectual and soulful outlook on the world. I also love the name Wendell...

There is also a plethora of books I've been researching and referring to in our home learning endeavors. I especially love the interdisciplinary approach of using art as a lens through which to study math and science - we've been having fun with various projects from nature rubbings to creating patterns with geo blocks. 

I can hardly restrain myself from repeating that this glorious fall-like weather has set my heart soaring. Knitting and/or reading outside under a big shady tree with a gentle, cool breeze rustling around me has been a very happy part of the week. Hope you've been enjoying it too!

No comments: