Monday, September 20, 2010

Meditation: Life is Tough

Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.
~Marie Curie
I'm inspired by strong, intelligent women, like Marie Curie. I often need to be reminded that life is not easy for any of us.  Whenever I start feeling sorry for myself or whenever I find myself making unfair judgments and assumptions about other people, I try to remember that everyone is suffering somehow.  We're all just trying our best to survive and find some happiness in this life.  When I focus, instead, on my blessings and all the good stuff then I'm able to muster the strength to persevere.  The confidence part, I'm still working on...

No comments: