Sunday, January 23, 2011

3 Things: Pet peeves

It's been a while since we wabisabi mamas have done a 3 things post, but it's time for a comeback. Today's topic: pet peeves.

1. Long toenails: Wughh! Long toenails creep me out! I hate it when my toenails are so long that they crush against my shoes or get caught on a blanket when I move my foot across it. I usually keep mine excessively short (probably someone else's pet peeve) and am never satisfied on the rare occasion I get a pedicure because the aesthetician never files them down short enough. And I'm sorry, but I just don't think toenails should be long enough to get a french manicure.

2. Willful ignorance: There's this super-right guy at work who always forwards me ridiculous political e-mails. Besides being a completely inappropriate action for the workplace, does this guy really believe that stuff? Obama is not a Muslim and who cares if he is!

3. Merge-before-the-merge-ers: Utah drivers have a special place in my heart relating to this matter. They just don't understand the merge, which is fine with me, because I get to pass the sometimes miles-long merged traffic lane until I get to the real place where the merge is supposed to occur. At that point, I sometimes get angry looks from the already-merged drivers who don't want to let me in (mad that they weren't smart enough to merge at the merge?). It is honestly confusing.

What are your pet peeves?

4 comments:

Jane said...

Haha, nice peeves! My current biggest one I think is people who cross roads with their children in tow, without using a pedestrian crossing, even though there is one very close by. Several times a week I drive past a shopping centre with swimming centre. Across the road is a carpark. Between these are two crossings perhaps 100 metres apart. So many parents drag their kids to the swimming centre right across the road between the crossings! Argh! Dangerous and setting such a bad example.

Ye Stewart Clan said...

I hate folding laundry with dry hands.

Melissa said...

I, too, hate people who cannot operate a merge properly - drives me crazy.
I also hate finding my coffee or tea (hours later) in the microwave - having forgotten I was reheating it.

MamaQ said...

oooh, unfortunately, i have too many, whihc means i allow too many things to irk me. some of my tops:
1. inconsiderate people who have no regard for the other people around them
2. poor customer service - we've all experienced that
3. bad/dangerous cell phone etiquette - c'mon, how many times do you have to be told that texting or talking while driving is stupid. and please don't check your text messages while we're in the middle of a conversation!