Saturday, June 11, 2011

Enjoying the Bounty

A morning at the berry patch yielded many happy memories and 12 pounds of strawberries!




After eating as much fresh fruit as we can stomach, we made some strawberry shortcake. Why is this the first time I've ever made the biscuits myself from scratch? If I'd known how easy and delicious it could be I would've done this so much sooner!


 
Even bunny got to benefit from all the hulled tops - she was in heaven!

I still have a few berries left, but I don't think it's enough for a batch of jam (I want to try the strawberry lavender jam from Canning for a New Generation by Liana Krissoff). Hmmm... this may require another outing to the orchard!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Yum, yum! This makes my mouth water! Biscuits from scratch can't be beat!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I wish our season was still in; your strawberry shortcake looks devine!

MamaM said...

Yummy. The bunny picture is cute!

Kendra said...

Do you have a bunny? I just love bunnies especially since we had them as pets when I was little!