Monday, February 20, 2012

Explosion

Does anyone else out there have a pile of mending and works-in-progress that have been sitting around FOREVER, taking up occupancy in coveted corners of the room? The other day Mike asked if I knew where his grey suit pants were because he hadn't seen them in ages. I had a vague recollection of seeing them before... and sure enough they were at the bottom of my I'll-get-to-it-at-some-point pile, still unhemmed. So for the past few weeks I have been trying to diligently tackle that pile(s). 




My work room has been a disaster - fabric, yarn, paper, clothes, thread all over the place. But little by little the piles are getting smaller. Pants are getting hemmed, tears are getting fixed, straps are being added, projects are getting finished! I've forbidden myself from starting on any new projects until this pile gets significantly diminished. And though much of it is not fun work, it is gratifying to finally get it done! And it is so lovely to regain some space and organization in this little work room of mine.

6 comments:

ginger said...

Oh, I have no idea what you're talking about...ahem...

Kumi said...

Wow, astonishing!

Janie said...

Oh me too! Me too! It is such a bummer, because I have oodles of projects just waiting in the wings for these have-to's to get finished. Two pairs of pants hemmed today, so a small bit of success!
I had one pair of my hubby's jeans at the bottom of the pile to be hemmed for almost a year - he just tried them on and they don't fit! Phew, that takes on job off the pile at least ;).

Janie said...

..I meant "one job off the pile" of course. Sorry, my super ridiculously anal side would not allow it to go 'un-commented'. :)

Stephanie said...

Yes, I have sewing tasks for friends that have been buried in my sewing basket for literally years. I cringe when I look at that basket.

Pomegranategrl said...

I have a pile like that! YAY for getting some done!