Wednesday, February 22, 2012

yarn along


Joining Ginny over at Small Things for the regular Wednesday Yarn Along!
Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ~ Ginny Sheller from Small Things




Knitting Project
various little animal toys that have been waiting to get finished up (see Monday's post!). And some new cobalt blue yarn for a new project...

Books
A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick. I mostly listened to this one on CD and I will be straightforward about this: I didn't like the narrator, the characters or the story for that matter. The writing was tepid and unsophisticated and it had an element of trashiness that annoyed me. But I finished it, partly because I had no other book-on-CD to listen to while I worked and partly because, yes, I was a bit curious about how the story would pan out. But at the end of it all, I was left completely unfulfilled. Such a disappointment to have invested time in this one!
I'm still working my way through One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (which I am actually enjoying and finding inspiring) as well as Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert Massie (which is wonderful but long!).

10 comments:

Jessica Snell said...

Oh my goodness, those are the most adorable little animals!

Shonni said...

Yes, they are so adorable!!!

Hurrayic said...

What great little creatures - I especially love the fox! I just purchased a knitting pattern for wee woodland animals that sort of look like that fox. So sweet.

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

What adorable little farm animals. such a cute project :)

Kumi said...

Awfully cute!!!

Happy Whimsical Hearts said...

Love your little knitted animals!!

Lisa said...

Such cute animals!!

(lia) said...

That little sheep is my favorite! So adorable.

MamaQ said...

I should've posted that most of these animals came from patterns from The Knitted Farmyard by Hannelore Wernhard and Knitted Animals by Anne-Dorthe Grigaff.
And the sheep is my favorite too, Lia!

Ye Stewart Clan said...

So glad you're blogging again! We miss you!