Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One Week!

By MamaQ

See this pile of dowdy old nursing bras?  They are headed for storage. 
Because it has been one week since I have breastfed Mayumi. 

Yes, one week!  I'm not sure if it is a cause for celebration or mourning.  We cut down slowly and then stopped.  My heart aches sometimes when Maya still begs for it, but then she'll say something adorable like "I want to be a big sister" and I know that it is the right time.  The whole process was less painful than I anticipated (physically and emotionally).  The silver lining?  Besides being ready to start our next round of IVF treatment, I can start wearing my cute bras again! 

Not that anyone else but me (and occasionally Mr. Q, but not as often as we'd like!) is seeing them.  But I've been amazed at how much... sexier I feel knowing I'm wearing a lacy little number under my clothes.  And that is a good thing, especially when you're trying to get pregnant!

Today, the leapoard print.  Meow!

2 comments:

MamaM said...

Congratulations MamaQ! That is a big accomplishment. And hooray for sexy non-nursing bras! I'm a long ways away from wearing those...

Mark said...

If you have one of those lace ones left over, send it to your mother. Dad