Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Little Things

Today was kind of a mixed bag for me.

Got to sleep in until 9:00 am since PapaD took the little one!

But then woke up with some really weird dreams.

Made the most of late church by having brunch (Frittata with Caramelized Onions and Fingerling Potato Home Fries with Garlic & Rosemary) and found this:(It was delicious too!)

Then my neighbors dropped off a huge bag of eggs from their backyard chickens!

Then got a slightly backhanded compliment at the end of church,
"Congratulations - you managed to control your daughter throughout the whole meeting."
I wasn't sure if this was a sincere and genuine compliment or this guy's way of judging me and letting me know that I haven't been doing a good enough job keeping Lucy controlled at church when it's boring for a toddler and her nap time!

I'll just try to focus on the good little things: sleeping in, Sunday brunch, heart-shaped potatoes, and free local eggs!

5 comments:

Kumi said...

Nice!! Eggs from neighbor's backyard!!
Just take some one's comment in good way!

Pomegranategrl said...

Love the potato and eggs! As for the guy at church, I agree with Kumi. Happy Monday!

the hooligan said...

mom is right - you just have to let those comments roll of you (even though i tend to let them make me crazy). but your sunday sounds like it was WONDERFUL otherwise. wish i were around for brunch...

eileen said...

i can't believe that comment about Lucy in church!? Are you kidding me! does that guy not have kids?! good grief. that's just the kind of thing you should just roll your eyes at, but would bother me the whole week.

try to just chalk it up as a valid compliment...hopefully it was intended that way :)

This Girl loves to Talk said...

hopefully the guy was trying to be kind as in your daughter was good today. I too get those comments because my 4 children are wild and my baby is desperate to get to her dad on the stand!! people say to me everyweek 'I dont know how you do it!!' and I always feel it is a bit of a double meaning ;) but most people in my ward are kind and I have people offer to sit with me, and some even take the toddler etc.


On the heart shaped vege front.. I love heart shape food. I've photographed heart shaped tomato, mushroom, leaves, rocks etc. I've got a collection :)