Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Girl After My Own Heart

While in Utah visiting the sisters I stopped by a local yarn store and found some lovely, soft wool to work on my little Totoro bonnet. It had the requisite colorful yarn wall with lots of juicy choices, but it wasn't one of those trendy new stores that have popped up in the past few years with the nouveau knitting craze. It is an institution that has been around for decades with lots of old-school granny crafts on display. I loved it.

I spent part of Sunday afternoon trying to figure out a figure-8 cast on, as the pattern demands. Lots of unraveling and frustrated sighs on my part, but I think I finally got it.

Mayumi was romping around the playground while I enjoyed the blissful spring weather when she plopped down beside me and insisted that she wanted to knit, too.


At three and a half she doesn't quite have the motor skills or patience to get very far, but my heart soared at her interest and effort. Mommy/Daughter projects could be just around the corner! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Pomegranategrl said...

Go Maya! I can't wait to see that hat. It's going to be so darn cute!

Kendra said...

i just love the sunglasses coupled with the Sox shirt - what a cool little gal!