Sunday, May 8, 2011

In Honor of Mamas...


I'm often awed by what it takes to be a good mama. The constant sacrifice, focus, creativity and work that is required is both exhausting and exhilarating! There are so many women I admire, but the one that is always foremost in my thoughts and ideals is my own dear mama. No singular, spectacular deed comes to mind, but a million "little" things that she did to nurture, strengthen, support and teach us. Like Mother Teresa said, "Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." And the amazing thing is that there are mamas all over the world doing those same things for their families, garnering that same love and adoration from their children.  I'm striving everyday to be worthy of the ranks of mamahood - I'm eternally grateful that I have the privilege.


Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely mamas (and ladies who "mother" in your own way) out there - and especially to my own Wabisabi Mama. Thanks for all you do to make this world a better place!

No comments: