Monday, February 15, 2010

Meditation: There is Beauty All Around

I have walked with people whose eyes are full of light but who see nothing in sea or sky, nothing in city streets, nothing in books. It were far better to sail forever in the night of blindness with sense, and feeling, and mind, than to be content with the mere act of seeing. The only lightless dark is the night of darkness in ignorance and insensibility.
~Helen Keller

I'm a girl who likes to be busy.  I have a seemingly endless number of projects and tasks on my to-do list, and I take great pleasure in having a full shedule.  But I can get lost in the busy-ness of my life and take the small and simple for granted.  Sometimes it's good to stop and be still.  To notice the way the snow outlines the silouette of a tree, or the way the light filters in through the back windows, or the way my daughter breathes when she sleeps.  There is such beauty and goodness in this world when one's eyes are open to it.



May you have some beautiful moments of stillness and calm this week, when you can recognize and appreciate your many, many blessings.

No comments: