Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sharing

Have you ever experienced something wonderful and immediately felt that you wanted to share it with the people you loved?  After Mr. Q and I first started dating I left him to spend my summer in Japan.  As a young teenager in love it was excruciating to be away from him and even though I loved being with my family, it was a bittersweet experience because I was always wishing Mr. Q was there with me.  Every beautiful sunset, every delicious meal, every friendly person, every funny situation found me sighing "I wish Mr. Q could experience this with me." (Five years later I got my wish when, after we got married, we went to live in Japan for a year to teach English.)

I tell this story because this is part of the reason why I blog.  I have these experiences, I read these articles, I make these recipes, I accomplish something creative and I feel like I want to share it with the people I care about (and the people who care about me!).  So thank you for being part of that circle, for letting me share with you. 

This is what I wanted to share with you today: I read this post on Shivaya Naturals today entitled "How to Really Love a Child" and for some reason it touched me.  I thought I'd share it with you, because maybe you need a little tweak of the heartstrings today, too.

And if I were going to add to it I would say:
Take baths together.
Dance in the rain.
Make snowmen.
Plant a garden together.
Let them eat butter.  Plain.  If that's what they really want.
Make sure they see you hug and kiss your spouse - make sure they know he is the love of your life.
Tickle.
Sleep with them sometimes.  Or all the time!
And let them teach you how to love them best.

No comments: