Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Homemade: Lotion Bars

Between the cold, dry winter and all the cleaning and washing that goes on around here, it is no wonder that my hands are unsightly.  Dry, cracked, oh!  They are the Sahara Dessert on my global body. 

I've finally gotten around to making my favorite lotion bars.  These aren't for everyone - some people don't like the "greasy" feeling but have patience and give it a second!  After a few minutes all those natural, nutritious oils absorb into your hands like a soothing drink at an oasis. 


Lotion Bar
Ingredients:
1/2 Ounce beeswax pellets
1/2 Ounce any liquid oil (I like grapeseed or almond)
1/2 Ounce any solid oil or butter (I like shea or cocoa)
a few drops of your favorite essential oil (I like lavender)

Instructions:
Mix all of the ingredients except the fragrance and melt slowly on low heat on the stove using a double boiler. Once melted, add fragrance then pour into your mold (cupcake pans work well).
Let this cool completely, it’ll then pop right out of your cupcake pan.
Store in a ziploc bag or airtight container.

To use, rub it between your hands til it starts to melt a bit and rub onto skin as needed.Is lovely for dry hands, cuticles and those tough patches on the bottom of your feet.

No comments: