Monday, April 26, 2010

Meditation: Understanding Fear



It is not that you must be free from fear. The moment you try to free yourself from fear, you create a resistance against fear. Resistance, in any form, does not end fear. What is needed, rather than running away or controlling or suppressing or any other resistance, is understanding fear; that means, watch it, learn about it, come directly into contact with it. We are to learn about fear, not how to escape from it, not how to resist it through courage and so on.

~J. Krishnamurti

In light of our "Three Things" posts about fear a few weeks ago, I thought this quote was appropriate.

As moms we fear many things because we have so much to lose, don't we?  For my part, I am going to try to concentrate on being grateful for those lovely things in my life, rather than being afraid to lose them.  It sort of reminds me of the parable of the talents; I don't want to be the scaredy-cat servant who buries his one talent in the ground because he is afraid to lose it.  Better to be the wise servant who doubled the investment, no?  



My mantra this week: Embrace Fear!  I don't need to be a fearless warrior mama - I just need to love my little girl the best way that I can and not worry about what I can't control.

No comments: