Monday, June 7, 2010

Meditation: Adversity


It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.
~ Joseph Campbell
This idea is along the lines that your weak things will become your strengths, right?  This is my wishful thinking... that all the things I struggle with will become the things that are the most easy for me.  Communicating, being a good friend, managing my time, being patient and thoughtful... I could go on and on! 

But seriously, the refining process really works, doesn't it?  What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.  I wish it didn't have to be such a struggle all the time, that motherhood was easy.  But then I suppose you'd start to take things for granted.  And you wouldn't realize what a treasure you have.

No comments: