Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3 Things: Guilty Pleasures

My guilty pleasures? Too many to name, but here are a few:

1. Reality TV: Ever since becoming a half-time stay-at-home mom, I watch a lot more daytime TV. (Hey, I need something to do while I'm nursing or folding the laundry!) Some of the shows I've watched: Keeping Up With the Kardashians, A Baby Story (I always get teary-eyed), 16 and Pregnant, 19 Kids and Counting, Kendra and, yes, Jerseylicious. Don't judge me.

2. Ice cream: I used to have a serious obsession with ice cream when I first got married. I ate a bowl literally every day. I know I was worrying my new husband with this bad habit, but somehow I was able to keep the pounds off and eventually grew out of the habit. Then I had a baby and my ice cream hormones came back. It's bad. Really bad.

3. Red pen: I majored in PR and minored in English in college, wrote for my school newspapers, have had some work published, and do a lot of writing in my job, so I consider myself a decent writer and stickler for grammar and technicality. I like reading books like Eats, Shoots and Leaves and worship the AP Stylebook. It drives me crazy when people use two spaces after a period or when they use it's the contraction and it should be its the possessive pronoun. And I like to let everyone know it. I love it when people give me writing to edit at work because I know I'll find a mistake and will get to mark up the paper, proving to everyone that I'm really smart. It's kind of evil, but I love my red pen.

And your guilty pleasures? Please make me feel better by sharing!

No comments: